With the holidays around the corner, sweets begin to pop up everywhere. Here’s a recipe for something that’s delicious and nourishing. These raw superfood truffles are easy to make, they don’t contain refined sugar, and they’re made with healthy ingredients including HealthForce SuperFoods Cacao and Mesquite powders.
1 cup raw almonds or walnuts
¼ cup Cacao powder
¼ cup Mesquite powder
1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
1 Tablespoon almond or coconut butter
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt
Chocolate coating ingredients:
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
2 Tablespoons Cacao Powder
1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Place almonds in a food processor and blend until a meal forms. Add the cacao powder, mesquite, lucuma, dates, cinnamon, vanilla, and sea salt. Pulse until a “dough” forms, you may need to pause the processor and scrape down the sides a few times throughout. The mixture should hold together when pinched with your fingers. If mixture does not hold together well, add a splash of non-dairy milk.
- Roll the dough into tablespoon sized balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the chocolate to coat the truffles. In a small bowl over a double boiler, melt the coconut oil on low heat. Remove from heat and add the cacao powder and maple syrup and whisk until combined.
- Remove the truffles from the refrigerator and dip each one into the chocolate to coat, then return to the parchment paper. While the chocolate is still wet, feel free to garnish with sea salt, hemp seeds, coconut flakes, or anything you’d like. Once you dip all of them, place back in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes, until the chocolate is set.
- Enjoy and keep truffles stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.