We have adopted three key foundational principles for seeking out new supply sources to ensure having the cleanest, highest quality ingredients we can find: Identity, Purity, and Composition. Sourcing and qualification of new materials and sustainable vendors is an ongoing, rigorous process! Our buyer is constantly searching for the purest, true-to-source, unadulterated, sustainably-grown ingredients on the planet!
Each potential vendor is screened through our Vendor Qualification process to ensure that they are the best fit for HealthForce SuperFoods®. We pride ourselves on transparency and quality; and with the help of verified third-party labs, certifications, qualified documents, and sometimes visits to the farms themselves, we assure you that our vendors are, too.
All ingredients are put through our Ingredient Qualification process. Then each ingredient is put through the series of tests to meet our TruGanic™ standard. TruGanic™ goes above and beyond the cGMP, NSF, Organic, Kosher, and Non-GMO certifications, with a series of tests to ensure an ingredient is true to its botanical identity, that it is free of microbial contamination, gluten-free, free of heavy metal contamination, and free of pesticides, GMOs, irradiation, and solvent residue.
We also ask our suppliers questions to know the story of the products they are selling, such as:
- Where does the botanical originally come from, what countries grow it now, what are its uses today in the herbal medicine community?
- What farms are growing their specific productions?
- Are the farmers paid fair wages?
- Is this a sustainable crop for the economy and the ecology of the region?
- Do the farmers participate in sustainable growing practices; do they test every batch as thoroughly as we do?
- Are they NSF and cGMP certified?
- Are they certified organic, kosher, non-GMO, vegan, gluten-free?